WHO WE ARE
We are a small and friendly beekeepers' association based in West Linton and the surrounding countryside of the Scottish Borders, Midlothian, Lanarkshire, and Peeblesshire. We always welcome new members and are enthusiastic about sharing our knowledge and passion. Our interests are broad and we all enjoy keeping bees for different reasons, whether it be enjoying the honey produced, seeing our colonies thrive, or simply enjoying the the company of our fellow beekeepers.
We were formed in 1950 by four local West Linton beekeepers, though beekeeping in the village has been practised much longer as the bee boles in St Andrews Church Yard evidence, and bees were previously kept on the Upper Green.